The J. Knox Corbett House, an elegant two-story, stucco-covered brick structure built in the Mission Revival style, was completed in 1907 by David Holmes. Its primary residents, the Corbett family, lived in the home for fifty-six years. J. Knox Corbett and his wife Lizzie Hughes Corbett built the house on Main Avenue, next to the Stevens House. Petra Stevens, Lizzie’s aunt and godmother, appealed to Lizzie to live near her and gifted the adjacent land to the Stevens property. In its heyday, the Corbett House served as a social hub: the family enjoyed hosting parties, clubs, and civil meetings for many years.