La Casa Cordova, the oldest adobe home in downtown Tucson, is listed in the National Register of Historic Places. La Casa Cordova was built within the area enclosed by the Presidio wall. Some historians believe that La Casa’s original rooms may predate the Gadsden Purchase of 1854. This date of construction is based on the oldest portion of the building, the two back rooms on the south side, which appear on the earliest known map of Tucson, the 1862 Major D. Ferguson map.
La Casa Cordova is named for the Cordova family who acquired the building in 1936 and lived in it from 1944 until 1973.